Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Knitting: Britta's Bow Beret

bb3

I took my sister to the yarn store to buy yarn for me to knit her a cowl with and we ended up with yarn for two hats. This one is just a basic beret that imitates a two textured red one that I had made with mohair and merino. This one is Cascade 220 and Cascade Pastaza. I knit it on 4.5mm and 5.5mm because I couldn't find my 16 inch 5mm needles. I'm not entirely sure where those needles went.

bb1

You can probably see in this picture that the hat is in need of a blocking. I was too lazy. I also forgot a decrease and had to ladder down to fix that when I was almost done which is why it's looking a bit messy. A good wash and blocking should fix that.

bb2

I stuck a little bow on it because my hat has one. I should probably tack down the bow a bit better so it doesn't fold in half.

7 comments:

  1. VERY adorable hat.

    When are you going to make an Etsy shop/put things in the one you already have? I want to see your creations on Etsy. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Pretty colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the two different yarns in the same shade! Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty hat!! the colour is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! I love the little bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

If you ask me a question, be sure to check back in the comments section for a reply from me. I can't seem to consistently e-mail replies.