Saturday, August 7, 2010

Knitting Flashback: Card Sleeve

crd1

I completely forgot that I made this until I ran across it while looking for paperclips. It's a little card sleeve. Last summer I bought some cute small purses with across the shoulder straps from my favorite thrift store.

crd2

Unfortunately there is nothing cute or small about my chunky old wallet and there was no way it was going to fit in those purses. I bought this thing in like the 6th grade and kept stuffing more and more crap in it over the 8 years I've been using it until it reached this explosive state.

crd3

My solution was to knit a little sleeve to keep my cards in. I knit it using 3.75mm needles and some left over yarn. I forget what yarn it was exactly.

crd4

The back has a random cable to keep things interesting. It was a simple project. Maybe I'll start using it again now that I've found it. It's kind of nice because the closure stretches enough that I don't really need to unbutton it to get one card out, but it still keeps everything in.

3 comments:

  1. that's such a great idea! I like using tiny handbags when I go out in the evenings, but my beast of a wallet doesn't work, I usually just have the cards running loose, which isn't great. what a cute solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!
    is there anyway you could post or email me instructions? I would love to knit one of my own!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!

If you ask me a question, be sure to check back in the comments section for a reply from me. I can't seem to consistently e-mail replies.