Now for the knitting... There were quite a few posts about entrelac during KnitCroBlo. I thought I'd share my first project with entrelac, Quant.

When I found out that I was going to go to college in Washington (I'm back in California now if anyone was wondering. Yay summer break!), I realized that I had almost no useful knit accessories for cold weather. I hurried myself aver to my LYS and bought a variety of brightly colored wool yarns. I picked out some patterns and got to work. This guy was made with Taos by Crystal Palace Yarns. The entrelac looks intimidating, but it's quite easy when you read how to do it. I wouldn't want to try it with out following a pattern, though.

I wore this quite a bit during my freshmen year of college, but it stretched it out of shape and it never really bounced back. I need to find someone with big curly hair to pass it on to.

Check out that sweet purple that used to be in my hair!

That is cool! I bet it kept your ears warm, too.
ReplyDeleteI love the colors in the yarn!
ReplyDeleteEntrelac is on my list of things to learn. Your Quant came out great & love the colors.
ReplyDeleteThat is just gorgeous... as a newbie knitter I can only dream of making something so awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat really is an awesome head scarf! If you're going to knit something that inventive,
ReplyDelete